7 Most Popular Chinese Gambling Superstitions – Believe it or Not!
Known by the world, the Chinese are a superstitious group of people. There are many gambling superstitions that have been deeply rooted into the Chinese traditions and culture. It is widely believed that they can help to boost your luck during gambling, regardless if you are playing mahjong, poker or going to casino.
Under-mentioned is a list of Chinese gambling superstitions and taboos for your reference.
1. Wearing red (preferably a red underwear) and go to a casino – This might sound a bit funny to some people, but the Chinese believe in this particular superstition.
In the Chinese tradition, red color is a symbol of joy and good fortune. It is believed that wearing red underwear, brief, bra or anything in red is going to bring good luck and fortune.
2. Do not count the money that you gain or loss during the gambling session
3. Don’t hit or touch the shoulder of one while he or she is gambling because they believe that this action will pat away their good luck
4. During gambling, ensure that there isn’t someone reading a book behind you or in front of you, because in chinese, “book” sounds like “to lose”.
5. It is a big taboo for gamblers to gamble against a pregnant woman because the Chinese believe that expectant women are “carrying their good fortune inside their belly” and they also have an extra pairs of “eyes” to observe the whole scene. So pregnant women are said to bring good luck to gamblers.
6. Do not gamble after having seen either monks or nuns.
7. If you are on a losing streak it is advisable to go to the toilet which brings you luck and vice versa, if you are on a winning streak, do not leave your seat for toilet because it will wash away your good luck.
Believe these gambling superstitions or not, it is up to you!
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
If you are a lover of the Mahjong game, you might be interested in knowing the Mahjong Feng Shui tips to increase your chance of wining the game
The best way to improve your home's energy is with a candle and feng shui, but you must choose the right colour and placement
Fish are believed to bring wealth and prosperity. If you want to get one in your house for good Feng Shui, then why not consider a goldfish?
Do you know the lavender flower meaning and symbolism to fill your home with good vibes and can use them for good luck and health?