Known by the world, the Chinese are a superstitious group of people and there is always a lot of Feng Shui or rather superstitious thinking and behaviour that have become parts of the Chinese culture that is believed to boost your luck during gambling. Under-mentioned is a list of Chinese gambling superstitions and taboos for your reference.
1. Wearing red (preferably a red underwear) and go to a casino – This might sound a bit funny to some people, but the Chinese believe in this particular superstition because in the Chinese tradition, red color is a symbol of joy and good fortune so it is believed that wearing red underwear, brief, bra or anything in red is going to bring good luck and fortune.
2. Do not count the money that you gain or loss during the gambling session
3. Don’t hit or touch the shoulder of one while he or she is gambling because they believe that this action will pat away their good luck
4. During gambling, ensure that there isn’t someone reading a book behind you or in front of you, because in chinese, “book” sounds like “to lose”.
5. It is a big taboo for gamblers to gamble against a pregnant woman because the Chinese believe that expectant women are “carrying their good fortune inside their belly” and they also have an extra pairs of “eyes” to observe the whole scene. So pregnant women are said to bring good luck to gamblers.
6. No sex before gambling – Chinese males believe that having sex before gambling bring bad luck, so it must be avoided at all costs.
7. Do not gamble after having seen either monks or nuns.
8 If you are on a losing streak it is advisable to go to the toilet which brings you luck and vice versa, if you are on a winning streak, do not leave your seat for toilet because it will wash away your good luck.
What are your thoughts? Are these Feng Shui or just superstitions?
Wearing rings does not only help us look good but we must also pay particular attention to the significance and meaning of rings on each fingers. Lets look at the interpretation and meaning now.read more
Cactus is one of the most popular type of plant that many people like because it is strong and easy to keep, but is it good Feng Shui?read more
Do you know the do’s and don’ts and significance of giving Hong Bao during important events, like wedding, baby shower, lunar new year in the Chinese Tradition?read more