Qing Ming Festival Tomb Sweeping Do’s and Don’ts
In Chinese traditions, we have many yearly festival and one of them is the Qing Ming festival aka Tomb Sweeping. There are lot of taboos to take note and I will share some of them here.
1. Never joke around when you are making your offering.
2. Refrain from wearing all black (both shirt and pants) as it is inauspicious but it is fine if you wear black shirt but white pants or black shirt with jeans. Beside black, you should also avoid wearing red shirt, shoes.
3. You must not urine or spit at will near the place of offering.
4. Do not make noise, shout or joke when you are in the area making the offering.
5. It is advisable to to conduct the activity before 3pm in the afternoon.
6. It is also not recommended for pregnant woman to be around.
7. Do not consume food on the spot and also dressed properly because it signify respect for the dead.
8. Do not take photo in the vicinity of the graveyard
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
If you want to usher in a lucky Chinese New Year with joy and prosperity, here are 10 simple tips to follow.
The traditional Chinese housewarming gifts could be some money packed into a red packet, but there are many more gift ideas for this special event
Do you know the do’s and don’ts and significance of giving Hong Bao during important events, like wedding, baby shower, lunar new year in the Chinese Tradition?
Do you know that there are some special Chinese New Year food that you should eat for lucky symbolism like wealth and prosperity?