Qing Ming Festival Tomb Sweeping Do’s and Don’ts
In Chinese traditions, we have many yearly festival and one of them is the Qing Ming festival aka Tomb Sweeping. There are lot of taboos to take note and I will share some of them here.
1. Never joke around when you are making your offering.
2. Refrain from wearing all black (both shirt and pants) as it is inauspicious but it is fine if you wear black shirt but white pants or black shirt with jeans. Beside black, you should also avoid wearing red shirt, shoes.
3. You must not urine or spit at will near the place of offering.
4. Do not make noise, shout or joke when you are in the area making the offering.
5. It is advisable to to conduct the activity before 3pm in the afternoon.
6. It is also not recommended for pregnant woman to be around.
7. Do not consume food on the spot and also dressed properly because it signify respect for the dead.
8. Do not take photo in the vicinity of the graveyard
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Do you know that the universe is telling you something if your left or right ear is ringing? Is it a good or bad omen? Maybe health issue?
Do you really believe that these Chinese superstitions when buying a house can significantly affect the price of the property?
In the Chinese society, Pineapple symbolism is linked with wealth and prosperity, how about the western countries? What does it mean?
If you are getting hitched soon, this list of Chinese wedding traditions will serve as a good reference to get a good start in your marriage.