Sofa is one of the most essential furniture in your living room, beside providing comfort, it also play a significant role impacting your home Feng Shui. Today, we will share about the do’s and don’ts for everything regarding sofa in order to allow you to embrace a better Feng Shui home environment.
8 Must See Tips to Feng Shui Your Sofa in Living room
1. Sofa must have backing – This is the most crucial tip to take note because by positioning the sofa against a solid wall, it symbolize having nobleman (贵人) support in your life and career. If there is no backing, it give a sense of insecurity and not only affect your wealth, but also tends to attract back stabbers. If there is really no choice, you can consider placing a short cabinet or screen divider to act as a support. Rule of thumb: never put water tank behind your sofa because it has the meaning of Chinese proverb -背水一战 (Always struggling to survive)
2. Avoid sitting under a beam – This will lead to wealth losses and health issues like headaches or migraine. In order to overcome this issue, you can cover the beam with a beautiful false ceiling or simply just move the sofa away.
3. Shape does matter too – It is recommended to get a “U” shaped sofa because it helps to accumulate qi (藏风纳气) which is good Feng Shui.
4. Avoid “second hand” used sofa – It is the same principle as wallet Feng Shui as we do not want to bring residual energies from the past owners to you home without knowing if it is a good or bad qi.
5. Spoilt Sofa must be disposed – Don’t be stingy, change to a new set if the current one is spoilt as it will affect the qi of the house.
6. No Mirror behind the sofa – People like to place mirror randomly to make the living room look more spacious but never put one behind your sofa. Mirror is a good enhancer but you never know if the thing you are reflecting is good or bad, so just do not put any mirror.
7. No lighting right above the sofa – Many people like to install lighting above the sofa to increase the brightness of the room, such as spotlight on the ceiling. If you have this scenario of the lighting directly shining above the sofa, it violate Feng Shui rules and may may cause people to feel dizzy and restless.
8. Ensure that you are facing your favorable directions based on Kua Number when seated at the sofa.
Hope that these Feng Shui tips can help you to attract good luck. All the best!
Balconies are nice and it will be even more awesome if it has a beautiful view, but it is also equally important to consider Feng Shui factors in choosing a house with a good balcony. Here are some guidelines to follow..read more
Feng Shui Your Front Door with the Perfect Color Front doors are one of the most important factors (the other 2 are bedroom and kitchen) in creating a good Feng Shui home. It is also called the mouth of "Qi" where the house receive the energy and the quality of this...read more
Are you looking to create good Feng Shui in your current house or hunting a new house with good Feng Shui elements? If yes, this is the article for you. We will cover some straightforward and simple guidelines that will assist you along the way.read more