14 Staircase Feng Shui Guidelines To Follow For Good EnergyDuring house hunting, many people will pay extra attention to the three most essential areas in the house for good Feng Shui. They are namely the main door, bedroom and the kitchen. However, please don’t ignore the staircase because it also plays a significant role. It can create positive energy in the house if appropriately used since it is the medium to move energy flow to the different levels of your home. In contrast, it can also disrupt the energy balance and affect your life if misused. Let’s look into some dos and don’ts.
Staircase Feng Shui Do’s and Don’ts
1. Choose Right Choice of MaterialYou should use solid and sturdy materials like wood, metal or concrete to construct the stairs. It will be best to avoid soft materials due to safety purposes too.
2. Install Proper Lighting To Ensure Good Vision
The staircase should be brightly lit. It can be a safety hazard because it can cause accidental falls or trips that lead to any physical injuries, such as falls from height.
3. Staircase Facing Main Door is a Big NoIt is good to avoid having a staircase facing directly towards the main door. It is because it will divert all the energy flow towards the other levels of the house. It will deprive the main floor of the house of its chi. As a remedy, consider placing some lucky plants on the sides that will help to minimize the chi flowing away from the main level. Alternatively, you can consider placing a divider screen or partition to block the view of stairs directly facing the main door.
4. Do Not Screw Up The “Heart” Of Your HomeAvoid having any staircase at the centre of a home. Many practitioners categorize this layout as bad Feng Shui. The reason is that it symbolizes a heavy burden on the heart. Therefore, you should position the staircase at the side of the house to yield a better result.
Does Spiral staircase look like a corkscrew drilling down?
5. Shy Away From Spiral StaircaseAvoid choosing a house with a spiral staircase because you can visualize it like a corkscrew drilling down. In addition, it symbolizes stress and pressure on the occupants. It will negatively affect the person/health associated with the sector. For example, if you have a staircase in the Northwest, it will affect the male owner. This concept applies to other areas, corresponding to the specific household members.
6. Having a Room Door In Line With Start/End of StaircaseIt is good to avoid positioning the room door directly facing the top or bottom of the staircase. This layout creates a gushing flow into the room and might create imbalanced energy. In addition, it makes it hard for the occupants to properly sleep or rest.
7. Pay Attention to The Mirror PlacementIt is advisable to avoid staircases from being caught in the reflection of a mirror based on Feng Shui principles. Many people believe that it will bring bad luck to the household members.
8. Keep The Area Under Staircase ClearDo not position your kitchen, bedroom, dining room, or bathroom under the staircase. If you do not want to waste this space, use it as a storage area instead.
9. Don’t Use RedThe Chinese regard red as an auspicious colour for the Chinese, but this is not the case for your staircase. Avoid having your stairs carpeted with red because it resembles blood flowing down. Thus, it brings bad luck and misfortune to the family.
10. Be Mindful What Are Below The StaircaseAvoid placing any water features or god altar below your staircase. This situation can build negative energy and adversely impact the household’s health, wealth, and relationships.
11. Shape MatterIt is better to choose a staircase that comes in a gently curved shape type. This design allows the energy to flow up to the higher level of the house instead of gushing in. In this way, it will not disrupt or disturb the surrounding energy field.
12. Ensure Ample Space For Easy MovementYou should ensure that the staircase is wide enough and has enough space for at least two people to pass each other easily. Have you ever encountered those stairs so cramped that you are squeezed into the corner when moving? That gives people a sense of insecurity and discomfort.
13. Safety Comes First With A RailingMany house owners have purposely removed the railing for an aesthetical look in some modern home designs. But don’t you agree staircases with railings give you a sense of security and safety when climbing up and down stairs?
14. Odd or Even?Many Chinese believed that odd numbers of stairs are for humans, while even is for the spirit. Apart from this belief or superstition, it is a matter of rhythm that can affect your balance. Walking on an even number of stairs has more probability of accidental falls.
If you follow these Feng Shui staircase guidelines, it allows Chi energy to flow around the house. It can bring balanced and harmonious energy to your home and family.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Find out which bathroom color will make you feel more energized and happy, along with the corresponding Feng Shui suggestions.
Do you know the Feng Shui Guidelines For Trash Bin? It does influence the surrounding energy in the environment, so read on to find out more.
Bathroom Feng Shui Plants - Bring in the green lushes into the toilet to neutralize the bad energy and welcome the good ones.
Choosing the best Feng Shui front door color is not always an easy decision because it depends on several factors to find the right fit.