How To Feng Shui A Front Door To Attract Good Qi?
1. An attractive entrance to your home or office will encourage good ch’i, or energy, to enter. If you can arrange your front door so that it faces your overall harmony or great prosperity or auspicious direction based on your kua number, it will help bring in wealth, love and happiness. As all energy enters through your front door, it is important to keep things away from the door so the door will be free to open without problems. Ensure that Front door should be clear of clutter.
2. Make sure your front door is not broken, and opens smoothly. A broken door or one that is hard to enter is the worst kind of energy to start with. Your door size should not be too large or too small relative to the size of the house. If the western world had practiced feng shui from the beginning, we could have avoided much of the trouble we have today in our personal lives as well as in our work or business.
Tip of the day: No broken lock or door AND door size not too small as compared to the size of the house
3.The size of the door should be well balanced to the dwelling, not too small or oversized in proportion to the rest of the house. Too narrow an entrance stifles the flow of good ch’i entering the house, and you will have to invest more time, money and energy to achieve your goals if you live in a house with a small entrance.
4. Well-situated front doors are wide and lead into a foyer that open to other rooms in the house. The foyer acts as a buffer to slow the fast flowing energy as it enters your home. The front door should never open directly into the living room without some kind of buffer to slow the energy. If you have no choice put an attractive three-fold screen a few feet from the entrance with a healthy green plant in front of the screen. The screen slows the good ch’i energy so that it can flow softly around the screen.
5. The first things you or visitors see when entering your home set the mood for the rest of the stay. Clutter should not be allowed to accumulate anywhere, but the entrance is a particularly bad place for untidiness. People have a tendency to put things at the door as a reminder to get rid of the things with good intentions of taking them away. But have you noticed even with yourself you leave it there, because you are in a hurry and will do that later. Later, turns into days later. This is bad for the subconscious mind. It is there when you arrive back home and due to the rush it continues to stay there. If you want good feng shui in the home, taking this stuff away should be first on your priority list.
6. Choose the lucky color for your main door based on the direction and its corresponding Feng Shui elements. Check out the color chart here.
7. The entrance should be well lit and airy. The best shape for a door is oval or square at the top. Solid wood doors are better than glass doors. The entrance should not have sharp angles from other buildings pointing toward the door. You can place a mirrored Ba Gua to deflect some of the negative energy from entering your home.
8. You can also hang wood or metal wind chimes to help deflect the energy. Remember, the chimes must be hollow to be effective and the Ba Gua must be placed on the outside of the house. It is unlucky to have a mirrored Ba Gua inside of your home.
Feng shui can be applied in decorating your house with the objective of creating a harmonious home, so start to apply these simple tips.read more
Bedrooms play an exceptionally important role in home Feng Shui because a bad bedroom layout will create a negative impact on your personal energy, so choose the correct one.read more
Find out more about the 8 Feng Shui tips for an auspicious dining area to attract wealth luck and good fortune to your homeread more