Crane Symbolism and Meaning in Feng Shui Everyone Must Know
In the Chinese culture and world of Feng Shui, people regard birds as auspicious symbols that bring good fortune. Besides the most famous mystical celestial bird, the phoenix, the crane is the next most well-liked bird by many people, especially in the Asian countries. It is also known as the bird of longevity. Do you know about the crane symbolism?
What is Crane symbolism in China?
In China, the crane, also known as the heron, has always been one of the most auspicious symbols since the olden times. It is a symbol of nobility and long life. In addition, it also represents everlasting love and loyalty in romance. During the imperial dynasty, people used images of cranes on the official robes to differentiate their ranks.
What is Crane Symbolism in Japan?
In Japanese culture, a crane, also known as “the bird of happiness”, symbolises longevity, fidelity, and peace and is also believed to have healing power.
The Japanese believed that folding a thousand paper cranes for a patient suffering from illness could help recovery. In addition, the crane is one of the most popular lucky charms in Japan that is said to bring good luck to the owner.
How to Choose The Right Chinese painting with Crane Illustration?
There are a few varieties of painting with crane designs that you can choose for good luck.
– First, choose the crane with its wing stretched out and a raised leg. This painting symbolizes longevity.
– If the painting illustrates a pine tree or bamboo and deer, it is known as “extended life”. Therefore, you can gift this design to the elder to bless them with long life.
– Cranes are often paired with a specified flower for an auspicious meaning. For example, if it is with a peony flower, it represents prosperity and long life.
– If you are looking to seek fame and reputation, you can choose the painting of a crane flying toward the sun.
Where To Place The Crane for Good Feng Shui?
– Small-sized crane figurine or painting can be placed in the health sector of the house since they are the symbols of longevity
– Avoid placing it in the kitchen, toilet, and storeroom
– Since the white crane signifies wisdom and fame, it is good to place in the south sector of the house according to the Ba Gua map
– Position the crane in the east area to improve the health of the household members, especially the elderly.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Feng Shui bell has always been employed as part of spiritual and religious practice in many cultures, especially in the Chinese, but what does it mean in Feng Shui?
The meaning of swallows birds in Feng Shui is good luck and longevity. The Chinese believe they bring good fortune and happiness to people.
The dragon turtle ornament in feng shui application can be used as a cure or enhancer to attract wealth or neutralize negative energy.
In Chinese culture of some Feng Shui practices, people like to create their own money bowl, but do you know the tips to do that?