Fan Symbolism in Feng Shui and Chinese Culture For Good Luck
Many symbols have auspicious meanings in Chinese culture, and many people use them for good Feng Shui. You can associate them with wealth, health and many others. If you are looking for a representation of social status, authority and reputation, the Chinese fan will be the perfect choice with the symbolism of fame.
This handheld and foldable fan have lost its primary function of reducing heat by replacing modern electrical appliances like standing/ ceiling fans and air-con. This exquisite fan has now become a home decor to add an oriental look and feel to the overall atmosphere. Besides adding beauty to the living space, it also has some auspicious symbolism related to Feng Shui.
How To Use The Chinese Fan For Good Feng Shui?
1. Always Display Open FanIt should always be in the open mode instead of closed because it symbolises welcoming a good reputation and good luck. But, on the other hand, if you hang a closed fan, this position can obstruct wealth luck and opportunity loss.
2. Hang it in the Right DirectionIt would be best if you hung the fan upwards because people believe turning the fan downward is inauspicious at this angle.
3. Serve as a Feng Shui Cure for Certain SituationIf your space has dead ends or long and narrow passages, displaying this Chinese fan can act as a cure to create good chi around there.
4. Placement Depends on Artwork
It usually has a painting or calligraphy words painted on the surface of the fan. The type of artwork will determine the appropriate placement of the fan.
For example, if it has the famous eight horses galloping, it is good to be displayed in the living room and not the bedroom. But, on the other hand, if it conveys Chinese poems, it is best to be positioned in the academic sector for success.
5. General Placement Without Specific IntentGenerally, you can place the fan in the living room or study room as a symbol of royalty and authority. Besides the auspicious meaning and symbolism, the Chinese fan adds beauty to the space.
6. Colour Matters
Generally, you can place the fan in the living room or study room as a symbol of royalty and authority. Besides the auspicious meaning and symbolism, the Chinese fan adds beauty to the space.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
The meaning of swallows birds in Feng Shui is good luck and longevity. The Chinese believe they bring good fortune and happiness to people.
The dragon turtle ornament in feng shui application can be used as a cure or enhancer to attract wealth or neutralize negative energy.
In Chinese culture of some Feng Shui practices, people like to create their own money bowl, but do you know the tips to do that?
Peacock symbolize fame and beauty in Feng Shui and works as a powerful tailsman to bring career growth and good reputation.