Fan Symbolism in Feng Shui and Chinese Culture For Good Luck
Many symbols have auspicious meanings in Chinese culture, and many people use them for good Feng Shui. You can associate them with wealth, health and many others. If you are looking for a representation of social status, authority and reputation, the Chinese fan will be the perfect choice with the symbolism of fame.
This handheld and foldable fan have lost its primary function of reducing heat by replacing modern electrical appliances like standing/ ceiling fans and air-con. This exquisite fan has now become a home decor to add an oriental look and feel to the overall atmosphere. Besides adding beauty to the living space, it also has some auspicious symbolism related to Feng Shui.
How To Use The Chinese Fan For Good Feng Shui?
1. Always Display Open FanIt should always be in the open mode instead of closed because it symbolises welcoming a good reputation and good luck. But, on the other hand, if you hang a closed fan, this position can obstruct wealth luck and opportunity loss.
2. Hang it in the Right DirectionIt would be best if you hung the fan upwards because people believe turning the fan downward is inauspicious at this angle.
3. Serve as a Feng Shui Cure for Certain SituationIf your space has dead ends or long and narrow passages, displaying this Chinese fan can act as a cure to create good chi around there.
4. Placement Depends on Artwork
It usually has a painting or calligraphy words painted on the surface of the fan. The type of artwork will determine the appropriate placement of the fan.
For example, if it has the famous eight horses galloping, it is good to be displayed in the living room and not the bedroom. But, on the other hand, if it conveys Chinese poems, it is best to be positioned in the academic sector for success.
5. General Placement Without Specific IntentGenerally, you can place the fan in the living room or study room as a symbol of royalty and authority. Besides the auspicious meaning and symbolism, the Chinese fan adds beauty to the space.
6. Colour Matters
Generally, you can place the fan in the living room or study room as a symbol of royalty and authority. Besides the auspicious meaning and symbolism, the Chinese fan adds beauty to the space.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
5 Tips To Get Lucky with Feng Shui Dragon (Best Placement)
The feng shui dragon is a powerful essential feng shui symbol of strong positive yang energy. Put it in the optimal position for best effect
Feng Shui Ba Gua Mirror – 5 Things To Know Before Using It
A Feng Shui bagua mirror is a powerful tool to balance the energy in your home. Discover how it can help to create a more harmonious living space
6 Unusual Ways to Use Salt in Feng Shui at Home
Salt is a powerful purifier and is commonly used to cleanse negative energy in a space. There are several ways to use salt in Feng Shui at home.
5 Things About Feng Shui Bell To Attract Good Energy
Feng Shui bell has always been employed as part of spiritual and religious practice in many cultures, especially in the Chinese, but what does it mean in Feng Shui?
BE INSPIRED BY FENG SHUI ARTICLES
A leading Feng Shui blog and knowledge vault that covers all aspects of this ancient art