7 Most Popular Chinese Gambling Superstitions – Believe it or Not!
Known by the world, the Chinese are a superstitious group of people. There are many gambling superstitions that have been deeply rooted into the Chinese traditions and culture. It is widely believed that they can help to boost your luck during gambling, regardless if you are playing mahjong, poker or going to casino.
Under-mentioned is a list of Chinese gambling superstitions and taboos for your reference.
1. Wearing red (preferably a red underwear) and go to a casino – This might sound a bit funny to some people, but the Chinese believe in this particular superstition.
In the Chinese tradition, red color is a symbol of joy and good fortune. It is believed that wearing red underwear, brief, bra or anything in red is going to bring good luck and fortune.
2. Do not count the money that you gain or loss during the gambling session
3. Don’t hit or touch the shoulder of one while he or she is gambling because they believe that this action will pat away their good luck
4. During gambling, ensure that there isn’t someone reading a book behind you or in front of you, because in chinese, “book” sounds like “to lose”.
5. It is a big taboo for gamblers to gamble against a pregnant woman because the Chinese believe that expectant women are “carrying their good fortune inside their belly” and they also have an extra pairs of “eyes” to observe the whole scene. So pregnant women are said to bring good luck to gamblers.
6. Do not gamble after having seen either monks or nuns.
7. If you are on a losing streak it is advisable to go to the toilet which brings you luck and vice versa, if you are on a winning streak, do not leave your seat for toilet because it will wash away your good luck.
Believe these gambling superstitions or not, it is up to you!
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
The Chinese believe that cricket brings good luck and wealth. They keep cricket in their homes, offices, and even cars for this reason.
We often use flowers that express our feelings and emotions, but do not choose the wrong ones, especially those flowers that represent death.
The rubber plant, Ficus Elastica is a popular Feng Shui houseplant that brings good luck to its owner. Find out more about this lucky plant.
The best way to improve your home's energy is with a candle and feng shui, but you must choose the right colour and placement