Fu Lu Shou Significance and Meaning – Symbol of Happiness, Wealth and Longevity
Fu Lu Shou, also known as the Three Star Gods (San Xing 三星 in Chinese), is widely welcomed by millions of households and businesses around the globe. They symbolize Happiness, Prosperity and Longevity that everyone wishes. You might have seen them in a Chinese friend’s house or restaurant. Many people love to craft them out of porcelain, brass, wood and ceramic.
This lucky trio is not usually not being worshipped nor needs any offering. Therefore, anyone can freely display these three Chinese lucky star gods in their home or offices. Besides that, many people believed this trio could bring good fortune, wealth luck and harmony to the household.
Fu Lu Shou is also known as the Three Star. The most auspicious and famous Chinese character, “Fu”, represents blessings of prosperity, good fortune and happiness. You can often see the symbol as an older man of wisdom carrying a child or an imperial scroll.
If you have one depicted with a child, it symbolizes the passing of good luck and fortune to their descendants.
However, if he is holding the Imperial Scroll, it means advocating the importance of knowledge and learning of the Ancient wisdom.
The Lu Chinese character refers to one’s career and wealth abundance. So you can always see Lu carrying either a Ru Yi sceptre (symbol of authority and higher social status) or a pile of golden ingots that make it a good wealth symbol.
Shou is a human figurine with a high forehead and a big smile holding a peach (the fruit of immortality) / Wu Lou in his hand. It symbolizes youth, good health and long life. Besides that, he is holding a staff that has attached the gourd containing the Elixir of life, which symbolize longevity.
Where to Place Fu Lu Shou For Good Feng Shui?
1. Based on most Chinese beliefs, you can display Fu Lu Shou in a prominent location in the house. For example, you can place them in your dining room or living room to attract good fortune and bring harmony to the household.
2. If you are displaying it in your office space, consider placing them in the lobby office reception, which will help to attract wealth and prosperity.
3. At your workspace, Fu Lu Shou can be placed behind you as a support and attract good fortune.
4. Treat them respectfully and do not place them on the floor or in the bathroom.
5. Fu Lu Shou are always positioned together in a row in a specific arrangement. The correct placement is Left: Fu, Center: Lu, Right: Shou to bring people happiness and good wishes in life.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
The meaning of swallows birds in Feng Shui is good luck and longevity. The Chinese believe they bring good fortune and happiness to people.
In Chinese culture of some Feng Shui practices, people like to create their own money bowl, but do you know the tips to do that?
Peacock symbolize fame and beauty in Feng Shui and works as a powerful tailsman to bring career growth and good reputation.
Learn about how the symbols of the dragon and Phoenix pair can be used to form a popular feng shui cure for a blissful marriage