Easy Feng Shui Tips to Help You Make Better Interior Design Decisions
The most commonly asked question by many new house owners is “Should I do a Feng Shui house audit first OR engage an interior designer?”
There is no hard and fast rule in the order of engagement. However, if you approach a Feng Shui consultant first, you can have a better visualisation of the desired design before you engage an interior designer. In this way, it can save you time and effort.
In this article, we are glad to team up with One BluePrint, an experienced modernised Feng Shui educational consultant to cover some simple Feng Shui tips on home interior design.
Feng Shui Tips for Home Interior Design (Home Layout)
1. Main Door / Entrance
– Always keep it clean and free of clutter.
– Avoid constructing a divider in front of the door if your space is too small as it might obstruct the “qi” to flow into the house.
– Having a closed shoes cabinet is good too.
– Do not install your door in a slanted position
– This space is the one of the most essential consideration because it represents the household’s wealth and lady owner health.
– It is always good to find a suitable location for the stove, for example, avoid facing toilet or any rooms, under the beam and in view of the main door.
– Do not have 2 stoves at home because it might encourage marital affair issue.
– The position of the bed plays the most significant role. It is best to avoid your bed facing directly towards the toilet or door.
– The bed should not be facing any mirrors
– No heavy objects above your bed, for example, air con unit, ceiling fan, chandelier light, beam, etc.
– The best position is to place your bed in the “command position” which is diagonally opposite your room entrance
– Bed with a solid head board is recommended
– Do not place your bed in the centre of the room with no solid wall support
Feng Shui Tips for Home Interior Design (Furniture and Accessories)
– Avoid installing a mirror facing your main door, stove, bed or toilet.
– In bedroom, it is best to hide the mirror in wardrobe and only open it when you need to use it.
– Do not install mirror on the ceiling
2. Colors and Paint
– Colors affect little in Feng Shui but it is strongly recommended to avoid using bright red. It is good to use earthed tone color that is soothing to your eye and also makes the space look spacious.
– Some people like to use different color based on each member’s lucky color which is unnecessary. It is good to avoid using over 3 colors for the whole house so that it looks more consistent.
– Always position your sofa to be back supported against a solid wall.
4. Art and Figurine
– Avoid displaying painting or sculptures that illustrating fierce beast, Skelton, weapon, sword and many others. If you are collector of such items, you can consider keeping them in an enclosed cabinet.
Hope you have benefited from these general Feng Shui tips!
There are many other considerations that can influence the home Feng Shui, so if you like to know more, you can contact OneBluePrint via their contact form or facebook page, quoting Feng Shui Beginner for exclusive pricing.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Learn these 8 simple rice urn feng shui tips to attract wealth luck and abundance to your household. It includes materials used and placement.
Learn these Mirror Feng Shui tips to bring good luck into your home with correct placement. There are some rules to follow for optimal result
Despite the several challenges in smaller spaces, here are some simple ways to feng shui your studio apartment for good energy
Have you ever wondered if installing ceiling fan in bedroom is good or bad Feng Shui?